The Windy City has everything a traveler could ever wish for, from a great international city, beautiful buildings, entertainment, food to the history of contributing to art, culture, and technology on a global scale.
Chicago is one of the most beautiful places to visit and with the winters already knocking at your doors, it’s time to book your flight tickets for Chicago. If you wish to be part of the eclectic street festivals to running along the Lakefront and hitting the beach, then you should make your reservations with American Airlines Reservations.
American Airlines Flights has been carrying millions of customers to their desired destination at an affordable cost. You can also be one of the lucky passengers to get on board with us and fulfill your dreams of traveling abroad without burning a hole in your pocket. American Airlines Deals understands your needs, therefore we are committed to offering you cheap flight tickets that best suit your budget.
Here are 10 facts about Chicago you should know before making a visit to Chicago:
- Chicago is the third-largest city in the U.S. and is home to an estimated 2.7M residents comprising of 77 community areas.
- Chicago is also known by the name of The Windy City, City of Big Shoulders, The Second City, The White City, and The City That Works.
- Chicago’s first name was first recorded in 1688, where it was pronounced as Chicgagou, an Algonquian word meaning “onion field.”
- The Art Institute of Chicago is home to one of the largest collections of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings.
- The City of Chicago’s Public Art Program displays more than 500 public works of art displayed in over 150 municipal facilities contributed by Picasso, Chagall, Miro, and Calder.
- Chicago id home to approximately 60 museums, 200 art galleries, 20 neighborhood art centers, 250 theatres, 225 music venues, and 200 dance companies.
- Designed by Major William Le Baron Jenney the world’s first skyscraper was built in Chicago in 1885 by the Home Insurance Company.
- The first known game of 16-inch softball, played without gloves, was invented in Chicago on Thanksgiving Day 1887 at the Farragut Boat Club.
- The famous Walt Disney was born in the Hermosa, neighborhood of Chicago in 1901.
- Earned the NBA’s Most Valuable Player Award six times, led the Chicago Bulls to six National Basketball Association championships, Michael Jordan although born in New York, is synonymous with Chicago.
For any query regarding American airlines just contact American airlines toll-free number and connect from customer care executive to get your all solutions whatever you want.