Jamaica’s Glistening Waters Luminous Lagoons sparks your imaginations to life, the luminous lagoon is one of a kind and may not be available anywhere else in the world. The shimmering blue lights occur because of Dinoflagellates microorganisms present in the blue water. The brilliant lights are something not to be missed out while in Jamaica and if you are dedicated to fest your eyes then look no further than American Airlines.
Get a chance to discover this hidden beauty when darkness hits the city, truly magical experience when you make your reservations with American Airlines Reservations. But before that check out these cool things you should know about the Glistening waters of Jamaica:
- These lagoons are usually shallow in-depth and are suitable for children too.
- The Luminous Lagoon is formed at a point where the Caribbean Sea is met by Martha Brae River.
- The entire credit goes to the microorganism-dinoflagellates known to diffuse a luminescent light when aroused.
- The entire region is swarming with mangroves and to these amazing organisms can be only found in regions where fresh waters come in contact with saltwater and illuminate in warm and shallow water with an overall depth of four to eight feet
- The glistening waters stretch from the Trelawny marshlands to Falmouth which is an important hub for ports in Jamaica.
To reach this magical destination visitors can always reach out for the tour boats which are in operation 24/7. The tour may last for one hour to forty-five minutes which will allow you to swim and enjoy the spectacular bright light emitting from the shallow waters.
If you are interested in experiencing some magic in your life then you should grab your flight tickets today from American Airlines flight deals and Tour Packages.